Day 103 – The Roundhead Prelude 1 – Share, If You Dare

**This takes place after chapter one of The Roundhead and before chapter two**

“I’m telling you Susie, it scared the fuck out of me!” He says into the computer, she laughs and he twists his bottom lip up in disapproval. “It’s not funny, it’s scary as hell, have you even read it yet?”

“No way, that sort of stuff is not my kind of thing, I prefer twilight if I want to be scared, it’s monsters and stuff, but not gory like the crap you like, you know that,” she says from the other end.

“You don’t know what you’re missing out on, this is like next level mindfuck stuff, I’ve got to send you the link, trust me it will change your mind on this sort of stuff,” he says as he quickly changes the tab to his browser and shares a link to the blog with her, and moves back to Skype, but instead of the Susie on the other end, it’s an empty room.

“You still there?” he says.

“Yeah, what’s wrong? I can’t see you anymore, is your connection playing up again?”

“No, everything seems okay, did you get the link?”

“Yeah, but I’m not going to read it.”

“Come on, you have to, it’s like crazy cool, it sucks you in like you wouldn’t believe, but you’ve gotta put some headphones on and play something creepy, it really sets the mood. I’ve already read it like three times and it just keeps getting better, especially if you play Goblin’s Suspiria track through some headphones with the lights turned out, makes it super fucked up.”

“I’m not going to read it,” she says.

“You have to, its only like five minutes long, what’s the worst that can happen?” the screen begins rolling and a static line of interference rips though the screen as if something was trying to break through from somewhere else and he can just hear her reply, but her words are choppy and don’t make any sense. “Susie?”

A young Asian girl appears in the room on the screen, her face pale, littered with pulsating veins, her eyes, black, dark, he jumps aback in fright and crashes to the floor, and then, she is standing in the room, with him.

“We yell and scream as it takes us down, to its pit of despair, never to be found, we join with the rest and we power the beast, as it feeds on those who come to the feast, sharing it’s words, delivering its name, we pass on the curse to all who remain, so say it with me and soon you will see, so say what is said, and be one with, The Roundhead!” and the girl flickers away, like a candle being blow out by the wind, that’s when he sees it, as it places a cold, wet, blood soaked foot on the ground before him.

image1pr1

DO YOU, DARE TO SHARE?

FIND PRELUDE TWO HERE, THREE HERE, FOUR HERE, FIVE HERE, SIX HERE, SEVEN HERE, EIGHT HERE, NINE HERE AND TEN HERE.

All artwork by Yazgar, check his stuff out when you can!

32 Comments Add yours

1. I hope that’s a good wow, but I guess with horror it doesn’t matter if the wow is good or bad 😀

1. Heehhe… right but that was a good wow that scared me😛

Liked by 1 person

2. I’m glad you liked it. Sometimes I can never tell if a story really works the way I want it to, so it makes me feel good this one worked the way I wanted it.

1. Divya says:

Amazing one.. caught me captivated in every line..😀

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks so much, I really want these small snippets to draw you in as we lead up to the story’s beginning, even though these take place after it…

1. Divya says:

yeah.. stay in touch

2. Mr. X says:

Very nice and very frightening, my friend! I enjoyed it ver’much. I also just wanted to stop by and thank you for the follow as well as the likes on my posts. I hope you enjoy my posts half as much as I enjoyed this.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks so much, I enjoyed my time, still have a couple more to look at, love the power was great!

3. justuscreek says:

“R is for Really good.” Great post, enjoyed it.

1. Thanks so much 👍

4. Sukanya says:

Oh no what happened to Susie?

Liked by 1 person

1. Susie’s fate will become clear the closer we get to the actual story on the 25th of October. But, until then, prelude two is on the 30th of August, and I’ve got a whole different set of ideas for that one.

1. Sukanya says:

Oooh.. nice..

5. jac forsyth says:

‘What’s the worst that can happen?’ Guess who’s gonna find out.

Liked by 1 person

1. Haha, never say a line like ‘what’s the worst that can happen?’ ever, in anything, it’s just a dare that is always answered.

1. jac forsyth says:

‘I have a bad feeling about this…’

Liked by 1 person

2. Oh god, that’s the other one!

6. Dead Donovan says:

Poor Susie! Hope that isn’t her blood that creepy chick stepped on. Great fun!!
    ~PR

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks! Hope to see you stick around for the ride, bring some friends, the end result is something special.

Liked by 1 person

2. Love your blog by the way, spent wayyyyy too much time going through all the stuff you have, still so much more to see, I’m going to find time and and slam something down and send it your way soon!

1. Dead Donovan says:

Thanks! Trying to catch up with reading some of the new and intriguing bloggers — like you. I really like your style. We don’t mind posting something off of your blog if you’d like. If you have a favorite piece under 1500 words, please shoot it by us!

Have a great week!
        ~PR

Liked by 1 person

2. I’m sure I’ve got something hanging around here I can send you. I’m sure we’ll talk soon 👍

Liked by 1 person

7. Hahahaha. Great stuff! Love it.

Liked by 1 person

1. Glad you liked it, I’ve got ideas for another eight that I’ll throw out to you all in the next few weeks, so by the time to story starts you’ve got an idea how the mythos behind the story works. Thanks again for reading.

8. Thanks! Sleeping with the lights on tonight😛